In 2008, a group of access staff from PDPs formed the PDP Access Steering Committee (now the PDP Access Group) and organized a meeting in Geneva. For this 2008 meeting:
- View the agenda (.pdf – 28kb)
- View the final meeting report (.pdf – 75kb)
- View the resulting publication (.pdf – 205kb)
The objectives of the meeting were to:
- Develop a common understanding and record of PDP experiences, best practices and challenges in the area of access, both in the public and private sectors.
- Compare the access pathways for novel drugs, vaccines, and vector control and identify the gaps in information and processes that will impact PDPs.
- Develop channels for future investigation, collaboration and coordination, and discuss the possibility of future meetings.
- Define the role of PDPs within the overall framework of research, development, and access activities.